The SCRP – Third Party Construction Inspection Programme is a 32-month £958,753 project funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID).
Cardno is playing a key role in undertaking third party construction inspection of a sample of schools being built and rehabilitated by DFID Pakistan’s SCRP in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab.
In addition to verifying the quality of construction, our team is also helping to improve programme approaches and processes across procurement, environmental safeguards, community engagement in construction processes and gender-responsive design and construction.
Drawing upon Cardno’s expertise in education and project management in development settings, our team is focussed on delivering the following:
- independent construction inspections to ensure quality construction work through subcontractors is carried out in a timely manner
- independent verification/validation of completed school infrastructure
- strategic and operational guidance to address any defects or deviations from original designs and standards
- identification of construction processes by subcontractors not delivering work to the required standards and providing advice on improvements
- an independent mechanism to provide advice on the performance of the implementing contractor in managing subcontracts and subcontractors’ performance.