The SCRP – Third Party Construction Inspection Programme is a 32-month £958,753 project funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID).
Cardno is playing a key role in undertaking third party construction inspection of a sample of schools being built and rehabilitated by DFID Pakistan’s SCRP in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab.
In addition to reporting to DFID on the quality of construction, our team is also providing advice on construction work, health and safety, environmental safeguards, child protection, and gender-responsive construction implementation.
Drawing upon Cardno’s expertise in education and project management in development settings, our team is focused on delivering the following:
- independent construction inspections and reporting to DFID on the quality of construction work through subcontractors and progress against the construction schedule
- independent review of completed school infrastructure
- strategic and operational guidance to address any defects or deviations from original designs and standards
- identification of construction processes by subcontractors not delivering work to the required standards and providing advice on improvements
- an independent mechanism to provide advice on the performance of the implementing contractor in managing subcontracts and subcontractors’ performance.