Over the course of a decade, Cardno conducted multi-year restoration and site stabilization work at 18 sites, totalling 1,300 acres, along the corridor as a subcontractor. Cardno provided, installed, then conducted annual maintenance and monitoring of:
- native seed,
- more than 450,000 bare root tree and shrub seedlings,
- more than 77,000 3-gallon container tree seedlings,
- more than 66,000 live willow and cottonwood stakes, and
- more than 50,000 square yards of erosion control blanket.
Cardno also served as INDOT’s prime contractor for mitigation construction at three mitigation sites. Services included:
- excavation of five vernal pools for wildlife habitat,
- installation of more than 1,700 feet of berms for floodwater retention,
- installation of native seed across 165 acres of former agricultural land,
- installation of more than 95,000 trees throughout three sites, and
- management of invasive species across more than 125 acres.