Cardno is proud to provide high quality, regulatory compliance services across all media and regulatory compliance programs at seven United States Air Force (USAF) Air Bases.
Working in response to the needs of each base, our teams draw from an extensive track record in environmental compliance management services to provide support to the individual installations. This work extends across air quality/Clean Air Act compliance, cultural resource management, EMS, EPCRA, EESOH-MIS, hazardous materials management, hazardous waste management, natural resource management, cultural resource management, sampling, testing, analysis and monitoring.
To date, our team has delivered the following key actions:
- utilized the base’s hazardous waste and hazardous material tracking systems (EESOH-MIS HW and HM) to manage related data and proactively coordinate customer service
- compliance subject matter experts advised the Department of Defense at the national level through committees on policy and strategy development and have been involved with policy development (AFPDs, AFIs, Playbooks), including as working group members, authors, and technical review/comment adjudicators
- provided air quality support, including preparing a stationary and mobile source emission inventory for criteria pollutants, hazardous air pollutants, and greenhouse gases and uploading it into the software Air Program Information Management System (APIMS)
- completed air quality recordkeeping and reporting required by state agencies as well as reporting required under the New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP)
- completed hazardous waste reporting required by state agencies as well as the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- conducted inspections of air quality, hazardous material, and hazardous waste sites to help ensure compliance with environmental regulations
- prepared air quality permit applications required under the new source review and Title V programs
- managed hazardous waste satellite accumulation areas, 90/180 day accumulation areas, and treatment storage and disposal facilities
- managed authorized use lists and conducted hazardous material inventory audits
- identified asbestos projects with NESHAP applicability
- developed a database to track the asbestos projects
- loaded all compliance documentation for all media to the Air Force-Wide Environmental Management System (EDASH)
- completed reporting required under Assembly Bill (AB) 2588 report update for submission to Feather River Air Quality Management District (FRAQMD)
- provided services related to the Integrated Contingency Plan (ICP) and Tank Management Plan (TMP) annual updates
- provided the five-year review and resubmitted the Facility Response Plan, conducted Steel Tank Institute (STI) certified inspections every other year, and conducted TMP updates every other year
- provided environmental compliance support, which included Hazardous Materials Management support task, EPCRA Reporting task (TierII/TRI), Hazardous Waste Management support task, and Asbestos Plan update support task.
Many of the U.S. military installations that Cardno supports, have been formally recognized for outstanding regulatory compliance programs, such as the Civil Engineering Award for Outstanding Hazardous Waste Support Award by General Donald J. Hoffman (Commander, AFMC).