Cardno was contracted to provide environmental compliance support to USAG Ansbach in Germany.
The Cardno team is delivering professional, technical, and program management services to ensure USAG Ansbach environmental management programs are compliant with all applicable US Army and German regulations and standards, and USAG Ansbach environmental requirements and procedures.
Cardno has been providing compliance support to USAG Ansbach for over 10 years and our team has excellent knowledge of the USAG Ansbach mission, organization and procedures. Cardno’s approach is to provide full-time onsite support and additional services by environmental media area specialists, as required.
The Cardno team continues to undertake an extensive range of key tasks to support the USAG, including the following:
- review and update environmental studies and management plans
- develop new and update existing environmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and operating instructions
- undertake environmental reviews of construction and renovation projects for environmental impacts
- attend bi-weekly work order meetings and provide suggestions that consider sustainability goals, pollution prevention and energy conservation
- provide environmental program training support, to include the development and execution of 8-hour HW/HM Environmental Officer classes in English and German, weekly newcomer and annual spill prevention training
- conduct internal Environmental Performance Assessment & Assistance System (EPAAS) audits, document all deficiencies and recommended corrective actions, and develop Corrective Action Plan and implement EPAAS Corrective Actions
- support quarterly Environmental Quality Control Committee and bi-monthly Cross Functional team meetings
- coordinate and support Earth and Arbor Day with Army and German communities while also coordinating, preparing and producing environmental resources for households
- provide EMS Support to include document control and review and update legal requirements
- update the Air Emission Management Plan including Ozone Depleting Substance (ODS) Survey and ODS Management Plan
- provide bi-weekly environmental compliance audits and on-the-spot training, if necessary to rotational forces
- support community environmental awareness activities by developing bi-monthly environmental newsletters, environmental tips for community newspapers, developing and printing an environmental calendar
- support the Sustainable Environmental Management System (SEMS) with updating SEMS procedures, document control and review of significant aspects.