Cardno was appointed by TasWater to develop a Water Main Condition Assessment Strategy as part of its overall development of Asset Management Class Plans for key asset groups. The Strategy was developed through a comprehsive process involving a review of relevant literature, stakeholder engagement and collaboration with subject matter experts.
The strategy developed included:
- Condition assessment concepts and their applicability to water mains
- Use of risk and prioritisation in developing condition-assessment programs
- Summary performance review of TasWater water mains within the scope of the strategy
- Detailed descriptions of available water main condition assessment techniques and assessment of their capabilities against a number of criteria
- Overall implementation plan for a water main condition assessment program including identification of prioritised improvement activities.
- Delivery of 'Delivery of a Strategy' report including provision in Taswater documentation template.