Inclusion and Diversity
Globally, our team comprises of people from all walks of life, race and religion, working across more than 100 offices and speaking over 100 languages. Together they contribute to the rich fabric of Cardno’s workplace culture, and our success as a company.
Cardno is committed to maintaining a high-performing culture of inclusivity and respect; valuing the diverse range of talent we have and ensuring we reflect the diverse communities we work and live in.
Our commitment to Inclusion and Diversity includes:
- providing an environment where differences are welcomed and valued
- a strong leadership framework which supports an inclusive and diverse culture
- providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment
- employing a workforce reflective of the diversity of the communities we work and live in, including continual review of our recruitment practices to increase our applicant diversity. This is supported by:
- an Indigenous Engagement Strategy
- a Reconciliation Action Plan and;
- Unconscious Bias training
- ensuring remuneration, employment conditions and access to a full range of opportunities and succession in the company is based on merit
- supporting inclusion, diversity and equality globally through our:
- Women in Cardno program
- Consult Australia Male Champions of Change ‒ Charter Commitment
- WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador Commitment
- providing opportunities for all employees to access a wide range of training and development programs.
Women in Cardno
Cardno aspires to be a global leader amongst our peers in gender equality. That’s why we’ve created an ambitious program that provides opportunities for women across the business to advance and grow their careers in a supportive environment.
The Women in Cardno (WiC) program’s guiding principles are to:
- increase the visibility and profile of women at Cardno
- ensure Cardno demonstrates its commitment to fairness and equality across programs, processes and communications
- provide networking opportunities to women at Cardno, both internally and externally
- develop programs to help empower women to create dynamic career paths within Cardno, consistent with our strategic goals.
Cardno shares gender pay gap results
In March 2019, we shared our gender pay gap results. We are committed to maintaining momentum on this and the broader diversity agenda across Cardno.