COVID-19 - Cardno employee and contractor information
Latest Updates - 28 April 2020
- Beyond Blue has released their COVID-19 wellbeing advice which provides some useful tips on getting through these challenging times
- Cardno employees and contractors are not permitted to travel internationally with the exception of those staff who are being relocated to their home country or another safe location
- Domestic travel must be explicitly approved by General Managers or Division Presidents
- During this vulnerable time there is a high probability that there will a proliferation of online scams, please be extra vigilant
- Check out Cardno ChemRisk's whitepaper on COVID-19 workplace risk management and response plans
- Details on International SOS Membership details can be found here
Recent Leadership Communications and Resources
COVID-19 is a type of virus common across the world. Typical symptoms of COVID-19 include fever and a cough that may progress to a severe pneumonia causing shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
Generally, COVID-19 can cause more severe symptoms in people with weakened immune systems, older people, and those with long-term conditions like diabetes, cancer, and chronic lung disease.
Wuhan novel COVID-19 is a new strain of COVID-19 first identified in Wuhan City, China. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) have both verified this novel COVID-19 is being spread through contact between travelers from Wuhan and the people with whom they come in contact.