Promoting gender equality and social inclusion within development is integral to achieving significant and sustainable advancements in health, education, governance, the environment, and the economy, and Cardno is committed to achieving these goals in each of its projects.
Cardno has significant experience and expertise in the implementation of gender and social inclusion considerations as cross-cutting issues within development programs in the public and private sectors, from economic development and infrastructure projects to leadership, education, health and governance programs.
Cardno’s specialists provide technical assistance and consulting across programs and provide training and support to program staff on mainstream gender and social inclusion considerations across all of Cardno’s international development assistance portfolio. Cardno’s in-house expertise provides leadership and innovation, technical assistance, and knowledge management on relevant issues as applicable to the international development practice. This expertise encompasses:
- Gender and social inclusion programming for development;
- Gender analysis and integration;
- Economic empowerment of women and youth;
- Capacity building of women and youth, particularly in the areas of workforce development, entrepreneurship, and access to finance;
- Social impact assessments for infrastructure and mining projects within the private sector; and
- Advocacy initiatives for women and youth, and the rights of people living with a disability.
Cardno supports International Women's Day in 2017:
At Cardno, we are proud to support and voice our commitment to gender equality on International Women’s Day, 8 March 2017. This year’s theme is #BeBoldForChange, and we’re taking action within our offices to inspire and encourage change both at work and within our communities. Click here for more information.