Promoting gender equality and social inclusion within development is integral to achieving significant and sustainable advancements in health, education, governance, the environment, and the economy, and Cardno is committed to achieving these goals in each of its projects.
Cardno has significant experience and expertise in the implementation of gender and social inclusion considerations as cross-cutting issues within development programs in the public and private sectors, from economic development and infrastructure projects to leadership, education, health and governance programs.
Cardno’s specialists provide technical assistance and consulting across programs and provide training and support to program staff on mainstream gender and social inclusion considerations across all of Cardno’s international development assistance portfolio. Cardno’s in-house expertise provides leadership and innovation, technical assistance, and knowledge management on relevant issues as applicable to the international development practice. This expertise encompasses:
- Gender and social inclusion programming for development;
- Gender analysis and integration;
- Economic empowerment of women and youth;
- Capacity building of women and youth, particularly in the areas of workforce development, entrepreneurship, and access to finance;
- Social impact assessments for infrastructure and mining projects within the private sector; and
- Advocacy initiatives for women and youth, and the rights of people living with a disability.
Cardno supports efforts to eliminate violence against women:
Cardno is proud to support the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2016. Gender-based violence hinders the progress of gender equality. Cardno has a zero tolerance approach to violence against women in the home and workplace and we support client programs to reduce violence against women in the country we work in. Click here for more information.